The Reds fielded a Development Squad side that contained nine graduates from the club’s Regional Talent Centre; while the first team were also in attendance, partaking in a meet and greet with supporters prior to kick off.

The tie was perfectly poised at the break as Liverpool took in a 1-0 lead courtesy of a Chester own goal, yet goals in the second half by Aimee Everett (2), Courney Willis and Bo Kearns secured the win.
For the opening twenty minutes of the first half there was little in the way of clear cut opportunities for either side, as both defences were quick to smother any danger.
Paige Cole did well under pressure to keep possession for Liverpool in the early stages, this almost leading to Lizzie Earle slipping Aimee Everett through on goal only for Chester goalkeeper Emily Walker to get there first.
At the opposite end of the pitch Chester’s front line were also looking to breach the Reds defence. First ‘keeper Emily Ramsey was quick of her line to stop an attack in its tracks and then Lucy Roberts and Cole combined to spurn another.
Liverpool full-backs Cole and Meg Boydell were first to register shots on target; Cole making a fine run to cut in from the left yet her effort was held by Walker and Boydell mirroring the chance only for her strike to be blocked by a defender.
The Reds began to edge further and further forward as Willis teed up Kearns whose volley was pushed around the post, then Kearns nearly found Walker but the defence quickly recovered to scramble the ball away.
With under ten minutes to go until half-time Liverpool took the lead, Willis swinging in a corner that was touched over the line by a Chester player.
Buoyed by going ahead Liverpool almost doubled the lead immediately from the restart, Earle racing in on goal and denied one-on-one by Walker – who minutes later also intercepted Earle’s pass intended for Simran Jhamat.
Liverpool dominated proceedings in the second half, threatening from the opening whistle as good build up play between Boydell, Jhamat and Kearns led to Kearns being flagged for offside. 
Five minutes into the half and seconds after being denied by a good save, Everett doubled the lead by slotting the ball into the bottom right corner.
Hungry for more goals Kearns put Jhamat through in the box and Jhamat, who scored on her Reds debut in the friendly against Fylde, selflessly squared the ball to Everett which the defence managed to clear.
Willis extended the lead to 3-0 with 56 minutes played, firing a ferocious left-footed effort in from a tight angle.
As the game reached the closing stages both Earle and Kearns rattled the crossbar, Boydell shot narrowly over and Millie Fitzpatrick headed inches wide. 
There would be time for two more goals, former u16 captain Kearns capping a good performance by providing an assist to Everett for the fourth and then scoring herself in the 89th minute – eluding the ‘keeper with a lovely strike from 25-yards for the game to finish 5-0.
Liverpool Ladies: Ramsey, Boydell, Heartly, Roberts, Cole, Parry, Kearns, Earle ©, Jhamat, Willis, Everett (Fitzpatrick)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: